Radio and Radar Systems
Passive Radar: Radio Fence
The software radio/radar capabilities let us develop flexible and innovative systems. Passive radars use the signal of opportunities to detect the target through multipath. The passive radar concept has helped develop a radio fence, and can work with other applications.
Here’s how it works:
- Movement of electrically conductive objects in a radio field changes the phases of radio waves.
- Distributed sensors detect and block fluctuations in these phases.
- Sensitivity depends on the scattered signal from the target.
- The illuminating signal comes from either dedicated transmitters or radio transmitters of opportunity (TV, radio, cellular broadcast towers)
CRS has demonstrated this technique for HF, VHF, and microwave. Customized systems are provided for various signals and opportunities.
Radio & Radar Systems
- Software Radio Development System
- HF/MW Tuners and Software-Defined Radios
- DF and Signal Analysis Set: HF to Microwave
- Multipurpose Software Modem
- High-Data-Rate HF Communication System
- Channel Simulator
- HF/VHF Radar
- Microwave Radar
- Real-Time Signal Recording & Analysis
- Passive Radar: Radio Fence
- Jammers and Spoofers